Monday, February 06, 2006

Knitting is such a small world

I am always amazed at how small our little knitting world can be. Last Saturday I am at one of our local LYSs and while browsing and chatting with the owner, she mentions that another customer asked her to carry some natural wool for a dyeing party that she wants to have. Wow, what a great idea. I go into work the following week, and a colleague of mine invites me to her place for a kool-aid dyeing party - BYOW (Bring Your Own Wool). We start talking and decide to become yarn-enablers for each other and go yarn shopping. I meet her at the LYS, and the shop owner says "You guys know each other?" It turns out that my colleague was the customer who asked her to carry some natural wool and she had told her about another customer who is always looking for handpainted yarns, who was, guess who - Me. Small world.

I know I was supposed to finish my mittens and socks, but Odessa is calling my name (yet again). It was really cold and windy here this morning waiting for the bus and when I put on my beautiful hat, I realized pretty quickly that it was just a tad to short. I guess that's what you get when you're in a rush to cast off. I ended up gifting my friend with the hat (perfect fit for her) and will cast on for another tonight.


No comments: