Sunday, January 29, 2006

So much yarn, so little...

Time or attention span? Good question. I have been knitting socks for over a year and I only have two complete pairs. The rest are single socks. The allure of a new project is what does me in - new colours, a different stitch pattern, a new technique. Here's some of my sock yarn stash - there's some Vesper sock yarn, some Lorna's Laces, some Koigu, Opal.

I cast on today for a new pair of socks. I am using some yarn from Knit-n-Purl Zen in the Black Licorice colourway - I love it, so soft and the colour is beautiful. I am using the Oriel stitch pattern from the Sensational Knitted Socks book, but I'm not sure about the stitch pattern with this lovely variegated yarn - I think I will probably frog it and try again with my standard sock pattern in plain old stockinette.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie...cool yarn! Tee hee! I like how it looks knitted up...I really liked that colourway when it was finished and am planning on more too! I'm happy to post a FO in my gallery too! :) Sock on!
~Roxanne~